Thursday, August 24, 2017

Cheer Camp!

Of course, I'm still trying to catch up on summer activities,
so please bear with me.  
It's just been too busy and I've been too tired sometimes
to work on the blog after working all day and
running to school, cheer practices, etc.
Lost my mojo I guess! ;)

Sooooooo, let's get to it, shall we!

Varsity, JV and Freshman squads
Cheerleaders have a 3-day camp every summer at our local university!

Off to the University dorms!
Maddy absolutely loves the food at the dorm!
Hmmm -- do you wonder about my cooking now??
 
It's supposed to be a great time for bonding with teammates,
learning new cheers and figuring out how to 
go, go, go, all day long, stay up late and
put on a happy face everyday.
You guessed it . . . it's exhausting for the girls! 

JV - the winningest squad!
The JV girls (Maddy's squad) worked super-hard
and had fabulous results!
They won 3 first place trophies and 1 second place!
Way to go Bolts!
 Doing so well earned JV and the other squads an
invitation to go to the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl
game in Orlando over New Years!
Exciting, but doesn't exactly work as well 
as one would hope.  
Hotel costs + travel expenses + crowds over Christmas holiday
+ logistics = nightmare.
Nice to be invited, but not able to attend. 
No matter, we are super proud of the cheerleaders
and their hard work!


4 comments:

Lisa said...

I hear college food is much better than it used to be =)

Laurie said...

DItto on the college dorm food- Allison LOVES it when she's at camp! I'm glad you're starting to catch up on blogging- I've missed you!

Billie Jo said...

Congratulations on their achievements!!!
I am sure you are looking forward to another exciting cheer season!

Jodee said...

Cheerleading camp is a blast! Cute pictures! Too bad Disney won't work!