Friday, August 11, 2017

Driving Time!

How can she possibly be old enough 
to get a learner's permit???

Besides getting her impacted wisdom teeth out in June (ouchie!!!)
Maddy studied for and received her learner's permit for driving!


Oh my word!
It just does not seem possible that this little sweetie 
is ready to start driving real cars!

Driving in 2009!

She took driver's ed in July and she's been practicing driving with me!
Fun Fact:  In a former life, I became accredited to teach driver's ed.
She's doing great. 
I bought these handy-dandy magnets for the car from Amazon* and
I'm sure they have helped calm down those drivers
who are in such a hurry to get places!
Let's all try to be patient with other drivers, shall we!

Once she gets more practice in, she'll take the final driving test.
Since her 16th birthday isn't until December 20, we have 
a bit of time!

Happy Motoring!!

5 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Congratulations to your girl!!!
How exciting!
Peyton waited until she finished school this past year to study for her permit test.
She passed last week, and Steve will soon begin lessons!
I told him long ago...I do the diapers, you do the driving! Ha!
Have a wonderful weekend. : )

Kelli said...

Yay...very exciting!!

Laurie said...

She looks totally ready, but I agree- it does NOT seem possible!! I'm in denial that this will ever come for my children- they are just too little!! I'm always super nice when I see those stickers on cars- maybe we should ALL have them on our cars to get people to be nicer on the roads! :)

Lisa said...

ummmm, wow!!!

Jodee said...

Way to go, Maddy! It's so bittersweet! I must buy those signs! Thanks for the tip!

P.S. I finally got Carson registered for driver's ed this week!