Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Catching Up ... A Little

Hello there -- Yay -- it's Wednesday -- my third favorite day of the work week,
just behind second place-Thursday and first place-Friday!
Oh my word, I've gotten way behind on blogging, haven't I.
I will be attempting to catch up a bit.


We had the Best. Time. Ever. on our spring break trip
to Walt Disney World!
The weather was perfect and so nice to 
have warm sunny skies while
winter continued into its 96th week in Nebraska!!

The only downer (do people still say "downer?") was that Mr. Tennis was unable to go with us.
He has not been feeling the best and that's putting it mildly.  OY!!
Truth be told - I was worried about leaving him at home!
Back in November, he was in the hospital for a Crohn's flareup and meds were changed,
which helped a teensy bit for a little while.
But, he was feeling quite poorly before a pre-surgery checkup, and it was discovered
he also has rheumatoid arthritis (another auto-immune disease)!
Right after we returned, he he had surgery and just starting some new meds to fight the
auto-immune issues.  He is doing better lately and we are so delighted
to see him feeling more like his usual self.
He's such a trooper and has been working at least half days or
more and finally able to get out and see his beloved horse -- not ride her -- 
but visit her and that has brightened his days!  Yay!

Love the castle!
But, let's put all that stress and worry behind us and
talk about Disney -- our favorite place!
The weather was absolutely heavenly!
Warm and sunny and not even humid!!
After such a long and dreadful winter - we were
definitely ready for sunshine and Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse!



Maddie and caught a flight to Orlando at 5:15 AM!
Oy!!  Why do I always think that the first flights are the best and we have
to be at the airport by 4 AM!!  Yikes!
But . . . the best thing about those early flights is an early arrival -- we were at our hotel
by 12:30 or 1 PM!
We visited Epcot and Magic Kingdom that day and planned our strategies for days to come.
Of course, we couldn't leave Magic Kingdom without a Mickey ice cream bar!
Stay tuned!




4 comments:

Billie Jo said...

I am sorry about your hubby, but glad he is feeling better.
And I love your photos of The Happiest Place On Earth!!!!!
What fun!

Laurie said...

Excited to see a new blog post, but so sad that hubby isn't doing well. I know people with both of those issues, and it's challenging for them to find the best medications- lots of trial and error. :( I do hope he's on the mend soon and is able to feel like his normal self. The Disney pictures of Maddy are just SO cute!!! I'm glad you guys had a fun get away!

Jodee said...

You gals have Disney down to a science! I am sooo glad that you had so much fun this year. You deserved it! I can't wait to see more sunny photos!

Lisa said...

your poor hubby. I understand his pain <3