Friday, April 6, 2018

Cheer Banquet 2018

Hi y'all!
I'm a bit behind due to spring break and other stuff . . .
but didn't want to forget the
end of the year Cheer Banquet!
Yes, it's true, cheer is over for the 2017-2018 school year!

Missing sweet JV cheerleader Christine who was ill

The banquet is a fun evening and dinner for the girls
and parents and it's not a potluck!!
It's catered and seriously YUMMY!
Plus, I didn't have to cook a single thing!

We watched a video of the entire cheer year and the 
graduating seniors all spoke on their future plans.
The first thing that each senior said was,
 "Thank you to my Mom and Dad for supporting me in cheer, 
sending me to Pius and paying for all the cheer uniforms and activities."
The banquet was held on the night of some of NCAA final 16 bball games.
There may or may not have been a few dads watching games
on their cell phones!  Mr. Tennis didn't watch, but he did manage
to check in with one of the other dads who was watching! :)

And the girls got to dress up a bit.
I worried for weeks about what I would wear -- silly  me  --
no one is really looking at me anyway!
But somehow, you'll be happy to know, I managed to get my 
hair looking good!  I think by now you all know how focused 
I can be on my hair!

Anyway, it was loads of fun!
The girls are adorable!
Maddie won the JV Squad Spirit Award!!!
The Spirit Award is voted on by her fellow JV squad members and 
represents the cheerleader with a great attitude and spirit 
 throughout the season!
She was so surprised and pleased.

JV cheer squad has been incredibly busy and demanding.
We are all enjoying a break from the twice weekly
6 AM practices and multiple games three times a week!
It's been an adventure and
she's made some life-long friends and memories!
GO BOLTS!!!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

It's so nice she has a physical activity with a great group of girls. No pic of your hair???

Laurie said...

What a special night! The girls look so pretty all dressed up! :) Glad you enjoyed the relaxing evening- WITH hair that turned out (I SO get the struggle!!!) :)

Jodee said...

What a fun way to wrap up the cheer year! Congrats to Maddie on her spirit award! We want to see a picture of your fabulous hair!