Monday, January 20, 2020

2020 Road Trip - The March!

So, the big road trip I mentioned in my last post
starts on Tuesday, January 21st.


Maddie and I are joining around 200+ other
students and chaperones (me included as a chaperone) plus a few priests and nuns
from the Catholic Diocese of Lincoln
on the 2020 March for Life in Washington, DC.
Maddie went on the pilgrimage last year
and it was an inspirational event for her.


We're taking a bus -- yes, a bus - both ways.
The ride is approximately 24 hours;
sooooo, we leave Tuesday around 6 PM and arrive in
DC on Wednesday around 6 PM.
We are supposed to arrive back in Lincoln
on Sunday around 6 PM (after another 24 hour bus ride).
I'm a wee bit nervous about the long bus rides,
nervous about keeping track
of 8 teenage girls, finding my way around DC and dealing with
hecklers and protesters during the March.
There will be plenty of challenges!

We will be attending Mass every day at some of the largest
and most beautiful Cathedrals in and around Washington DC
and at the chapel in Notre Dame on the way home.
It's going to be an amazing experience.

I know there is power in prayer - I have felt it
many times in my lifetime.
Know that I will be praying for you - each of you
and your families.
Please keep us in your prayers as well.




2 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Praying for you, my friend!
Prayers for a blessed, safe, and fruitful trip. : )

Jodee said...

You did it!👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻